GET A FREE PEST EVALUATION
WE'RE YOUR STRONGEST WEAPON AGAINST PESTS.
Terminix protection is unmatched. So if you’re looking to get rid of ants, cockroaches, spiders or other pests, we’re on it. Our mission is to keep pests from invading your home. And after more than 85 years, no one knows the enemy like we do. Guaranteed.
HOW THE PEST CONTROL PLAN WORKS:
- An initial service inside your home gets to the pests you see and the pests you don’t.
- We inspect and treat the perimeter of your home to help prevent new home invasions.
- Regular treatments help stop outside pests before they might enter.
The next time pests creep in, call us and we’ll take them out. Because our work won’t stop until you’re satisfied. It’s our Ultimate Protection® Guarantee.
MORE PEST SERVICES
Make your yard a no-fly zone for mosquitoes with Terminix. We offer an array of mosquito treatments, including a revolutionary new mosquito killer.
We get out and keep out rodents, birds and other difficult animals. The only guests at your home will be the invited ones.
Get total protection from both termites AND pests.
WAYS TO CONTROL PESTS
Terminix offers simple steps you can take against ants and cockroaches – two of the most common pests you’ll encounter in your home. Terminix specialists can help you with pest management, eliminating any infestations and defending against new intruders.
OUR IRONCLAD GUARANTEE IS THE STRONGEST IN THE BUSINESS.
- Same-day solutions.
- We’ll do whatever it takes, including coming back at no cost, until pests are gone.
- If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back. 1
KNOW THE ENEMY: PESTS
Whether it’s ants, flies, cockroaches or spiders – or any other intruders like mice – pests crawling or flying around your home can be unnerving for a homeowner. And if an infestation gets out of hand, life can be miserable.
Most of these invaders sneaking around your home fall into a large group of animals known as arthropods. Arthropods are distinguished by the following characteristics:
- They have an exoskeleton
- They have paired, jointed appendages
- Their bodies are segmented
- Their bodies are bilaterally symmetrical
Arthropods can be sorted into five different groups:
- Arachnids (spiders, scorpions, ticks and mites)
- Crustaceans (sowbugs, pillbugs, shrimp and lobsters)
THE PEST DIET
Arthropods need the same basic nutrients as humans to survive – protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals. So when it comes to pest control, keep in mind pests want the same food as you when you’re considering leaving food out.
LOOKING OUT FOR PESTS
While many different types of pests may enter into your home, the ones that cause the highest concern for homeowners are:
5 SIGNS OF PESTS
Infestations can get out of hand quickly. Beyond seeing actual pests, here are five signs that show you might need a home pest control solution:
PEST PARTS - Pest wings, legs or other parts are the most obvious signs of a possible infestation beyond seeing the actual pests.2
PEST DROPPINGS - When pests are out scavenging for food, they leave droppings behind. You might find these under fixtures or in windowsills.3
UNUSUAL ODOR - If you’re at a loss as to what is causing a foul smell, it may be pests.
NESTS AND WEBS - Look for signs of pests making homes in corners and crevices.5
PEST TRACKS - If you see pests in the same spot on different occasions, you may have found the path an infestation is using to get into your home.
5 PLACES TO LOOK
Check the following locations around your home for dead pests or signs of pests. These are common places where either can be found.
- Under fixtures
- In windowsills
- In corners
- In crevices
- Inside or below cabinets
If you see any dead pests or signs of pests in these areas – or anywhere else in your house for that matter – it’s time for a pest management professional. Call Terminix.
BEFORE THEY GET STARTED
Correcting any conditions that might cause or even encourage a pest infiltration needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. This will help decrease your chances of an infestation developing.
In some cases, a little cleaning is all that’s needed for effective pest removal. Flies breeding in a drain don’t require chemical treatment. Simply cleaning the drain will usually suffice.
Avoid these habits to help minimize what’s available to pests:
- Food left out is easy for pests to get to and will attract pests.
- Dishes not cleaned and put away means leftovers for pests.
- Trash cans not attended to often enough can attract pests.
- Any water that stands for seven days or longer can attract other pests.
When choosing a location to settle, pests seek out places that provide for their needs. For home pest control, remove things pests are looking for; fewer pests will survive and fewer will be attracted to the area.
- Leaf litter is attractive to ants, millipedes, spiders and other pests. Regular leaf cleanup is a must.
- Mulch holds moisture that ants need. It also provides shelter from predators and the sun. That makes mulch flowerbeds a common harborage site for ants.
- Large gravel on top of sand or soil is a haven for ants. If you have gravel on your property, smaller gravel on plastic is better.
- Ants will use any space afforded by items stored outside.
- Stacks of stones, wood or bricks can make a great home for ants, spiders, scorpions and mice.
Sealing exterior holes and cracks are helpful pest management techniques to keep invaders from sneaking inside. Keeping doors closed and installing tight-fitting screens will also help seal out pests.
By taking steps to address the issues above, you will help stop your home and yard from attracting pests.
Still, if pests are on your property, you will need a pest professional’s help. Call Terminix today. A trained specialist can help you with a Pest Control Plan that kills pests and helps make sure they can’t come back.