Running a small, local business is no easy task. With a constant to-do list, keeping up with regular pest control might not be a priority. That is, until you have an infestation you can't ignore. Pest control for businesses isn't just for large warehouses or the food service industry. No matter what kind of business you run, pest control is always a smart investment. Here's why:
Related: Why Pest Control is Crucial for Local Municipalities
Pests can derail your business
There are many ways pest can cause problems for small businesses. Dealing with an infestation can be stressful and time consuming, as well as take all your focus away from the day-to-day tasks of running your business. Every local business owner knows that reputation is everything, which is why avoiding pests is so important.
Every day counts in the success of a small business, and pests can threaten your bottom line by:
- Deterring customers
- Disrupting operations
- Causing unsanitary and unhealthy conditions
- Decreasing productivity and efficiency
- Creating an unpleasant working environment for staff
- Damaging structures, equipment, and products
- Prompting negative social media posts and reviews
- Causing product, revenue, and profit loss
- Drawing attention of Public Health Officials
Terminix Commercial has experience with businesses of all shapes and sizes. We can develop a plan that makes sense for your business, taking your operational needs, location, and budget into account. Learn more about the Commercial Pest Control services we have to offer for small businesses.
No business is too small for pest control services
While pest control for businesses is a regular line item in the budget for certain industries, the reality is that pests don't discriminate and under the right conditions, an infestation can affect any type of business. For a small, local business running on tight margins, is can be financially difficult to close for days on end to deal with a pest infestation. That's why prevention and smart pest control strategies are so important.
If you own or manage a local business, make sure you're never caught off guard by pests. Here are just some of the businesses that should consider investing in preventative pest control services.
- Beauty salons and spas: Customers visit a beauty salon or spa to feel pampered and relaxed and seeing any type of pest is guaranteed to have the opposite effect. Cleanliness is key and making sure structural repairs are always completed promptly can help prevent pests from getting in and causing damage.
- Auto shops: Garage doors are opening and closing all day long at an auto shop which means rodents, insects and birds can sneak in unnoticed. Cockroaches can easily take up residence in waiting areas around refreshments. While this may be unavoidable, regular inspections and pest control treatments can help ensure an infestation never has the opportunity to take hold.
- Dry cleaners: Bed bugs can be a major problem for dry cleaning businesses. The chemicals used in the dry cleaning process can kill bed bugs that come in on clothing and fabrics, but if a few manage to escape, there is plenty of places to hide and multiply—and possibly hitch a ride home with another customer. Regular inspections and treatment can help catch any issues before they get out of control.
- Banks: With customers coming and going all day, there is plenty of opportunity for pests to enter bank branches. Certain pests like rodents and cockroaches could potentially damage computer equipment and furniture. Most banks are freestanding buildings located near shopping centers with food establishments. Nicely, manicured landscapes around banks can serve as harborage areas for many pests. Preventative maintenance is your best defense against a pest infestation in a bank.
Don't forget health & safety regulations
Restaurants aren't the only place that are subject to regular inspections and have to adhere to strict health and safety guidelines. Any type of business that serves the public has to ensure they are maintaining their space in a way that protects their customers and their staff from the disease-causing pathogens that pests can spread.
As a business owner, it's your responsibility to understand the health and safety guidelines unique to your industry. If your staff is reporting pest activity, it's best to call an expert like Terminix Commercial that can help guide you in the right direction and make sure you're doing everything you can to protect your business.
What to do if you notice pests
As always, prevention is the key to dealing with pests. But even the most diligent businesses can still face potential infestations. If you manage a commercial business and you notice signs of an infestation, don't wait to call in a professional. A local pest control company like Terminix Commercial can give you the best advice on how to proceed from stopping the spread of an infestation, treating it, and preventing it from coming back.
Skip the stress and let our experts help. Contact us to request a free estimate.