Hospitals and healthcare facilities use patient satisfaction scores to gauge their performance.
The Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey, a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology, measures patients’ perceptions of hospital care and provides a national standard for collecting and reporting such information.
According to Health Facilities Management, cleanliness is one key factor that can influence HCAHPS scores.
The Importance of Pest Control in Hospitals
There are many factors that may influence a patient’s view of how clean a hospital is. It’s important for public areas, like lobbies, waiting rooms, hallways, restrooms and dining facilities, to be spotless.
One thing that can hurt a healthcare facilities reputation of spotless public areas is, of course, pest sightings, or signs they’re present. Therefore, pest control is one key to maintaining a hygienic environment to help meet patients’ cleanliness expectations. With specialized procedures and protocols designed specifically for the healthcare industry, a commercial pest control partner can help keep pests away. Terminix® Commercial services facilities, such as:
- Medical offices
- Dental offices
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
Clean out Pests
Like any other building that has the right conditions present, healthcare facilities, such as the ones mentioned above, can be susceptible to pests.
Some common pests that can be troublesome for healthcare facilities include:
- Bed Bugs
However, a commercial pest control plan can help ensure that these pests aren’t common in your facility.
Terminix Commercial knows how to deliver top-quality pest control in hospitals and other medical facilities using customized, comprehensive solutions. With experience in a wide-range of healthcare environments, Terminix Commercial works with facilities to maintain pest related federal agency, regulatory and health code compliance while maintaining high standards of hygiene and helping lower the risk of infestations.
Terminix Commercial also employs an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to address the reasons why pests may be present in the first place in order to help prevent future infestations and minimize the need for treatments. The Terminix IPM program consists of:
- Inspections of the healthcare facility interior and exterior
- Identification of pests and analysis of activity
- Treatment of affected areas and implementation of pest control methods
- Recommendations for limiting and helping prevent pest activity
- Continuous evaluation of treatment effectiveness and any necessary modifications
- Recommended actions your staff can take to help lower your risk of future pest infestations
The Terminix C.O.D.E. guides the actions and business for commercial pest control services. This includes:
- Convenient – easy, hassle-free procedures
- On time – Knowledge and tools for instant, on-demand solutions
- Dependable – Relentless against pests and pest worries
- Effective – Comprehensive strategies to serve your business
From helping keep pests away that can compromise patient health and safety to helping improve satisfaction survey scores, Terminix Commercial pest control services can help healthcare facilities of all types discharge pests and vermin from the premises. Click here for a quote.