Are you ready to arm your audience with the best pest prevention tips? You’ve reached the right place. Click below for tip guides, facts and more.
PEST FACTS FROM OUR TEAM OF EXPERTS.
After more than 85 years fighting termites and pests, no one knows the enemy like we do. With tips, facts and more below, find helpful and need-to-know information on whatever pest you’re researching.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us for more information, images or to set up a ride-along with a local Terminix® pest specialist.
BED BUG PEST FACTS.
Bed bugs are year-round pests, but an increase in travel during warm-weather months means greater visibility of these irritating critters.
Our famous “Top 15 Most Infested Cities” is released each year at the start of summer travel season to warn travelers about bed bug infestations and offer tips for prevention.
BED BUG PREVENTION TIPS FOR TRAVELERS FROM TERMINIX.
- Check headboards, mattresses and box springs for bed bugs and the dark blood spots they leave behind.
- Hang all clothing. Leave nothing lying on the bed or furniture.
- Avoid unpacking clothing and storing them in the hotel’s furniture drawers.
- Don’t allow your baggage to sit on the floor. Store it on a luggage rack as far from the bed as possible.
- If you notice evidence of bed bugs, request another room or change hotels.
- When returning home, leave luggage in the garage or basement until your are able to thoroughly inspect it for bed bugs.
- Vacuum suitcases when returning from trips and immediately wash clothing in hot water.