Our team of experts is on hand to answer your questions, and we’re always ready to provide a local Terminix® expert for an interview or an on-air appearance.
WE’RE THE EXPERTS WITH ANSWERS.
Researching a story? In this section, you’ll find pest facts, images and information about our company. We’re here to help you with your story. Thank you for your interest in Terminix.
Please call 1-877-813-6965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for customer service issues or concerns.
Terminix is the leading provider of termite and pest control services in the United States. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Terminix services more than 2.8 million residential and commercial customers in 47 states and 11 countries. Terminix provides pest control services and protection against termites, rodents and other pests threatening human health and/or safety. Terminix is a business unit of ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc.
- Terminix holds the first patent for termiticide, awarded in 1932 when senior chemist Frank H. Lyons created a unique insecticide.
- Terminix was the first termite control company to franchise. The termite franchises were first marketed under the name Bruce-Terminix.
- Terminix was the first company to provide a termite protection guarantee or contract in 1955.
- Terminix began offering treatment for general residential and commercial pest control services in 1958.
- ServiceMaster bought Terminix from Cook Industries in 1986 as one of its first steps in building a network of consumer services companies. Today that network fulfills a broad range of needs for business and residential customers.
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 7,000 company-owned, franchised and licensed locations. The company’s portfolio of well-recognized brands includes Terminix (termite and pest control), American Home Shield (home warranties), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), Furniture Medic (furniture repair) and AmeriSpec (home inspections).
The company serves approximately 5 million residential and commercial customers through an employee base of approximately 13,000 company associates and a franchise network that independently employs an estimated 33,000 additional people. The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or facebook.com/TheServiceMasterCo.