12 Days of Pests
You've only just started on your holiday plans, and the to-do list is nearing two pages long. There are travel plans to make, gifts to buy and meals to plan. The last thing you need to deal with is a creature stirring all over your house. Here are 12 signs you may want to ask Santa for a pest control solution this holiday season.
1. Your Christmas tree is covered in spider webs instead of tinsel.
Spiders can be free pest control, capturing everything from flies to roaches. We just don't want them in our houses. Check out this checklist for seven different ways on how to help get rid of spiders.
2. Your halls are decked with mouse traps instead of boughs of holly.
Ask any great chef: Nothing spoils a beautiful holiday meal like a mouse.
3. Ants are using your gingerbread house for a family holiday retreat.
Ant farms make great Christmas presents. Ant farms in the cranberry sauce? Not so much.
4. Fruit flies have taken the fruitcake hostage.
Aha! There is someone who likes fruitcake. And she and her girlfriends have each just laid 500 eggs on it. Bon appetit!
5. Your stockings were hung by holes the moths have eaten into them.
Next up, they've booked a tour of your favorite wool sweater. Arm yourself with information about moths in the house and other destructive pests in our easy-to-use guide.
6. Santa told the reindeer to sit this one out — the cockroaches have it covered.
On Dasher! On Dancer! On Periplaneta Americana!
7. "Fourrure de rat" is a special ingredient in each item of your Christmas dinner.
No happy plates here.
8. Bed bugs are nestled all snug in your beds.
Everyone's just itching for the holidays to be over. Stop the madness before it begins with a bed bug check-up.
9. Weevils wish you a merry Christmas!
What's that waving at you from the bottom of that bag of rice? Learn about weevils before they make you famous for the biggest faux pas in the history of modern casserole.
10. No sign of those "11 lords a leaping," but there's plenty of fleas a hopping.
An itchy-scratchy, leg-slapping dance is nobody's idea of a good time. Get freedom from flea-dom by learning how to get rid of fleas in the house.
11. Santa Claus might care who has been naughty or nice, but the scorpion sleeping in your shoe doesn't.
Visit our info center to learn more about who has set up camp in your hiking boots.
12. "Wait a minute; I didn't put chocolate sprinkles on the sugar cookies we left out for Santa!
We think you catch the gist.
Holidays are inevitable; suffering is optional. Let us know what we can do to help make this the merriest Christmas and happiest New Year ever.