FORTIFY YOUR FOUNDATION.
This system opens and closes your vents automatically according to the weather, keeping your crawl space warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, which can help increase your home’s energy efficiency and reduce moisture.
BENEFITS OF CRAWL SPACE TEMP-VENTS:
- Helps prevent foundation decay.
- Helps protect pipes.
- Helps lower heating costs.
- Backed by a lifetime product warranty.
- Meets FHA requirements.
CLICK TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE INSPECTION TODAY.
WHAT TEMP-VENT CAN DO FOR YOU
We offer effective solutions to help reduce conditions conducive to pest activity, all while helping maintain your home’s structural integrity and heating and cooling system efficiency.
MOISTURE UNDER CONTROL
When it comes to protecting the wood in your home, an effective crawl space ventilation system is key. It can help fight two threats to wood in crawl spaces – destructive wood-decay fungi and non-destructive fungi.
DESTRUCTIVE WOOD-DECAYING FUNGI
Our crawl space vent solution fights the three basic types of destructive wood-decaying fungi that commonly occur in the wood components of structures.
- Cubical brown rot occurs when wood is in dry-to-wet and wet-to-dry situations. The decayed wood is brittle and very dark, often giving a charred appearance.
- White rot infests wood that is exposed to continuous moisture. It’s common in poorly vented crawl spaces. The infested wood takes on a bleached appearance, and the wood becomes spongy and fibrous.
- Wood-conducting rot is a specialized fungus. It can even infest sound, dry wood. The fungi does this using water from a remote source, often many feet or yards away.
Our crawl space ventilation system also fights non-destructive fungi threats. These include surface molds and mildew and sap-stain fungi.
These fungi feed on sugars and starches in wood cells, but don’t damage the cellulose. Therefore, while the fungi give the wood an unattractive appearance, the wood retains its structural strength.