How Terminix Encapsulation Service works:
Our comprehensive crawl space solution helps minimize moisture conditions favorable to wood-destroying threats like termites, wood-decay fungi, powderpost beetles and other dangers that can cause structural damage to your home.
- First, a high-density, reinforced liner covers the entire ground area, walls and support piers in your crawl space to limit moisture and humidity.
- An ENERGY STAR® qualified dehumidifier (backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty1) is installed under your home.
- If needed, interior foundation drains can be installed to prevent standing water and facilitate proper drainage.
- A remote monitoring device is placed in your home so you can monitor humidity levels in your crawl space.
- Terminix will inspect your crawl space annually to check the dehumidifier and liner seals, change the filter and drains, record updated moisture readings and change the batteries in your monitor.
Terminix Encapsulation Service
Our comprehensive crawl space solution helps minimize moisture conditions favorable to wood-destroying threats that can cause structural damage.
- Professional installation of high-density, reinforced liners and an ENERGY STAR® qualified dehumidifier
- Annual monitoring of the dehumidifier, liners and moisture readings
Plus, the dehumidifier is backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.1
1Terminix agrees to pass along any applicable manufacturer warranties for installed equipment. Terminix makes no other warranty.