Do I need a termite inspection?
on Sunday, July 07, 2013 by Terminix
When was the last time you had a termite inspection? If it’s something you’ve considered and you want to do everything you can to protect your biggest investment—your home—you should have a trained pest professional check for signs of a termite infestation. Consider these facts:
- Your home is 10x more likely to be damaged by termites than fire
- Termites infest an average of 1 in 30 U.S. homes each year
- The average cost of termite treatments and damage repairs is $8,184^
- Most homeowners insurance policies don’t cover termite damage
A termite inspection performed by a professional pest control company is the best way to determine if your property is harboring these pests.
Recommendations vary on how frequently inspections should be performed, but an annual termite inspection is usually recommended.
Protect your home from termites
Early recognition of the signs of termite activity can help limit the size of an infestation and the damage it can cause. If you notice any of these signs, you need a termite inspection immediately:
- You observe a swarm of flying termites inside your home or in close proximity outdoors
- You see dead termites or termite wings around windows, heating vents, doors, in sinks or bathtubs
- You find mud tubes running from the soil up the foundation of your home
- You tap on solid wood and hear a hollow sound; or if you test timbers in and around your home using a small knife or other tool and discover termite damage within
Colonies may be active for more than five years before the damage is visible, so it is best to hire a professional to conduct a thorough termite inspection.
Terminix® provides termite inspections and solutions
Terminix® has more than 85 years of experience in providing solutions designed to treat termites and protect your home from any future infestations. A professional will come to your home and conduct a FREE Termite Inspection to determine if your home has termites. Based on the results of that inspection, a trained technician will recommend the Termite Treatment Plan or Termite Protection Plan that will best suit your needs.
And only Terminix offers the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee—the strongest guarantee in the business—which means you’ll get:
- Guaranteed Protection – And if termites do manage to infest your home, Terminix will come back at no additional cost
- A job done right the first time – If within the first 30 days you are not happy with the services, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges
- 100% satisfaction or your money back* – Terminix promises that if there is ever any live termite activity, they’ll treat it promptly at no extra cost. And if there is ever any termite damage caused by live activity, you’ll be covered for repairs as long as you maintain your plan
To schedule your FREE Termite Inspection, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
AN IRONCLAD GUARANTEE TO RID YOUR HOME OF TERMITES AND PESTS.
The Terminix Ultimate Protection® Guarantee is the strongest in the business. We’re committed to defending your home against pests and termites. Because it’s your house, not theirs. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back.