Terminix® pest control | protection against pests
on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 by Terminix
If you’re a homeowner, pest control is an important part of protecting your biggest investment. Pests of any kind are at best a nuisance, and at worst a threat to your home and family. Learning how to keep them from invading your home will give you peace of mind, knowing that your home and family are protected. When it comes to pest control, prevention is the best solution, and Terminix® offers power over 27 of the worst types of pests, with a Pest Control Plan that is backed by the strongest guarantee in the business.
Pests are plentiful and varied
Here are some of the more common pests you might encounter as a homeowner:
- Cockroaches: American cockroaches thrive in warm, damp environments such as sewers, basements, and crawl spaces. In southern states where this cockroach lives outdoors, pest control may include applying protective treatment in the attic, crawl spaces and the exterior cracks of your home. A pest inspection can determine where cockroaches are most likely to get into your home and how you can best deter them from doing so.
- Mice: Mice only need a hole that is 1/4th inch in size to enter your home. Using traps can be an effective control for mice, and contrary to popular belief, cheese is not good bait for mice. Peanut butter and chocolate work well as long as you don't put too much on the trap. You can also seal exterior cracks and holes and put weather strips on doors to deter mice from entering your home.
- Spiders: You can take the following steps to minimize spiders in your home or apartment: Seal all cracks around windows and door frames and around light fixtures, vents, ceiling fans; seal all openings around pipes under the sink and behind appliances; place sticky traps designed for cockroaches inside near doorways (along walls under and behind furniture and appliances); and regularly remove any webs and spiders found while vacuuming.
Get to them before they get to you
The best pest control is prevention. If you are proactive in keeping pests out of your home, you are doing your part to protect the health of your home and family. The trained professionals at Terminix believe that the most effective way to control pests is to prevent them from crawling inside in the first place. With Terminix pest control, a trained professional will provide a three-step program:
- Your trained technician will look for the sources of pest infestations and then apply pest control materials where they will be most effective. The appropriate control methods will be selected for the situation at hand.
- Because the exterior of your home is where most new infestations originate, likely pest havens next to or near your home are inspected for pest activity and treated accordingly.
- Finally, your trained technician will provide you with recommendations on how to reduce pests around your home. If there are fewer pests around your home, fewer pests will get in your home, and this is the best possible pest control solution.
When it’s time to call a pest control company, make sure it’s one with experience, professionalism, and guaranteed results. Terminix understands pests, and more importantly pest control.
Whether you already have pests, or you want to prevent pests from entering your home, the experts at Terminix can help, with a FREE Pest Evaluation, a customized pest control plan and the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business. To learn more about how Terminix can help you, or to get your FREE Pest Evaluation, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
AN IRONCLAD GUARANTEE TO RID YOUR HOME OF TERMITES AND PESTS.
The Terminix Ultimate Protection® Guarantee is the strongest in the business. We’re committed to defending your home against pests and termites. Because it’s your house, not theirs. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back.