Blog Posts for terminix
Total home solutions from Terminix
As a homeowner, you have a variety of things to consider when it comes to the ultimate protection of your home and your investment. The overall quality and condition of your home is the sum of the condition of its individual parts, from the exterior walls and foundation that holds everything together to the interior floors and ceilings. Often your home is at risk and your investment is at stake, and the damage is already done by the time you even notice the signs.
- Environmental factors such as moisture, poor air quality and inadequate temperature control can lead to pest infestations and other damage.
- Your home’s standard floor supports can deteriorate or break over time because of improper water drainage, heat changes, moisture build-up or even termites.
- Moisture build-up in crawl spaces can cause damage and wood rotting in your home’s substructure through condensation.
- Deteriorating insulation can cause increased heating and cooling costs.
Just like other living creatures, pests seek places to live that satisfy their basic needs. They search for shelter, air, food and moisture in order to survive. Therefore, to avoid pest infestations, remove the elements they need for survival. All living things need water, so one of the first steps to preventing pests from entering your home is to repair any plumbing leaks and avoid allowing water to accumulate. Also, make sure to remove any materials that are water damaged to avoid attracting pests. Experts at Terminix.com recommend avoiding the storage of boxes, paper bags or newspapers as these are prime breeding grounds for some types of pests.
Consequences of neglect
Pests are not the only consequence of neglecting environmental factors in your home. Statistics show that replacement materials used to repair rot account for as much as 10 percent of the wood production in the United States. Therefore, controlling wood’s exposure to moisture not only keeps the wooden portions of your home from being attractive to insects, but also prevents rot and fungus. Wood decay fungus requires high moisture content to grow.. Therefore, the experts at Terminix.com suggest that homeowners inspect the wooden structures of the home for areas where moisture is high, not only to prevent pest infestations, but also to prevent rot and fungus.
Identifying rot and pest infestations
Although some types of fungi will cause the wood to have a bleached appearance, wood fungus can be black and the timber affected may feel soft and spongy, even if it is painted. Dry timber that has been affected by rot will crack easily and crumble into fine particles. If you suspect wood rot, insert a probe just under the surface of the wood and lift up. If the wood breaks in the middle point where the probe is inserted, it is affected by rot. If the wood breaks in a long piece, the wood is probably sound. There may also be a wet, musty smell in the area of the rot. If you discover wood rot or suspect that there may be fungus in the wooden structures of your home, Terminix.com offers a variety of Home Solutions to not only help identify any pests that may have invaded your home, but also to eliminate them and provide you with the added protection needed to prevent environmental factors from becoming a problem.
Terminix.com offers solutions such as Temp-Vents, crawlspace vapor barriers, insulation repairs and replacements, and many other solutions that will provide added protection for your most valuable investment. Terminix® expert technicians can identify areas of the home where conditions put you at risk for damage and provide solutions that will keep your home protected. For more information, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today to learn more about their Home Solutions.
Back to the roots | the history of Terminix
No doubt you’re familiar with the name Terminix®. You might even know that it’s the leading provider of termite and pest control in the U.S., serving customers in 45 states. What you probably don’t know, however, is the history of Terminix, the pioneering spirit that started it all and the vision that propels it into the future.
It all began in 1927, when the E.L. Bruce Flooring Company, realized that they were not the only one battling termites in the wood floors they manufactured, the company started the Bruce Terminix Research Laboratory. The company earned the first U.S. patent for a termite control procedure in 1932. The company grew quickly and began to franchise under the name Bruce Terminix. Then, in 1955, Terminix became the very first company to offer a termite protection contract that included annual inspections and a guarantee.
As Terminix continued to grow, franchisees began offering residential, industrial and commercial pest control services. No longer focusing exclusively on termites, Terminix Pest Control expanded in 1969 to offer general pest control. Dedicated to providing the absolute best solutions to the problem of pest control, the skilled team of entomologists at Terminix has studied all types of insects, over the course of decades, to ensure that Terminix customers receive the very best protection against a variety of infestations.
In 1970, the company took the next logical step with international expansion into Mexico and partnering with Sears, Roebuck and Company. To highlight this change, the company changed its name in 1972 to Terminix International. In 1986, Terminix joined the ServiceMaster® family of companies, and by 1990, Terminix was the largest pest control company in the world. In fact, in 2001, Terminix even purchased its former partner, Sears Termite and Pest Control.
The pioneering spirit prevailed as Terminix continued to evolve: In 2006, the company introduced a unique plan that guarantees coverage for homes not yet hit by termites; focus turned in 2009 to the environment as Terminix expanded pest control with a nature-based pest spray called SafeShield™; in 2011, the company became the first in the industry with a smartphone app to assist customers in managing their services and 2014 saw the introduction of Terminix’s new, eco-friendly mosquito control service. Throughout it all, Terminix pest control has led the industry, and the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee has remained the best guarantee in the business.
Dedicated to exceeding expectations, Terminix will continue to innovate, providing superior service well into the future. The mission remains the same: to continue to find ways to better serve customers while contributing to the professional and personal development of every individual at the company. Maintaining these high standards secures Terminix as a valuable and trusted leader in the industry, just as it was back in 1927. For more information about Terminix, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628.
If you’re trying to learn more about how to eliminate pests from your home and the steps you can take to deter them from returning, a great place to start is www.Terminix.com. For more than 85 years, Terminix® has helped homeowners just like you protect their biggest investment—their home—from all sorts of potential invaders. Terminix trained technicians do more than just apply termite and pest control—they define it. And they are ready to put their knowledge and expertise to work on your behalf. You can learn more about the company and what they have to offer at www.Terminix.com
The history of Terminix
Founded as a research laboratory in 1927, Terminix became the first company to obtain a termite control patent five years later. By 1970, the company had gone global, and by 1990 it was the world’s largest pest control company. Along the way, Terminix introduced the 100% non-toxic RapidFreeze® solution designed to get rid of bed bugs quickly and effectively. In 2011, Terminix became the first pest control company with a smartphone app for Android or iPhone users.
The Terminix team
Terminix has some of the best minds in pest control on their team. Their staff of around 40 specialists includes more than 23 certified entomologists and four PhD entomologists, and this group has more than 1,100 years of collective industry experience among them. Their knowledge drives innovative solutions that continue to define the industry.
A variety of services
Termites, pests, bed bugs, mosquitoes, rodents and more, Terminix is dedicated to making sure your home and family have the best possible protection against all of these. You can read more about the specifics of their treatment options, control plans and other long-term solutions at www.Terminix.com.
- Terminix offers termite control and treatment plans that can protect you against the costs of a future termite problem or eliminate current infestations.
- Terminix Pest Control Plan provides guaranteed protection against 27 of the worst kinds of pests.
- A FREE Termite Inspection or Pest Evaluation will identify exactly what you’re facing.
- A trained technician will recommend the treatment option or control method that will best suit your needs.
Also, by downloading the FREE Terminix app, you’ll be able to:
- Schedule services
- Request extra treatments
- Review your service history
- Access your billing statements
- Enroll for automatic payments with EasyPay
Prefer to pay online? Pick the way that works for you, whether that’s paying automatically from your checking account or credit card using EasyPay, or making a one-time payment at www.Terminix.com
The Ultimate Protection® Guarantee
Only Terminix offers the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee—the strongest guarantee in the business. For termites, this guarantee provides:
- Guaranteed Protection – And if termites do manage to infest your home, Terminix will come back at no additional cost
- A job done right the first time – If within the first 30 days you are not happy with your services, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges
- 100% satisfaction or your money back* – Terminix promises that if there is ever any live termite activity, they’ll treat it promptly at no extra cost. And if there is ever any termite damage caused by live activity, you’ll be covered for repairs as long as you maintain your plan
Terminix also provides this guarantee to their Pest Control Plan:
- Same-day solutions – If you need us, contact us. We’ll have a proposed solution for you within 24 hours
- Custom plans to get pests out and keep them out – We’ll tailor a plan just for you based on your specific pest problem, your home and your area
- A job done right the first time – And if a pest somehow does manage to find its way inside, we’ll come back at no additional cost
- 100% satisfaction or your money back – If you're not happy with our services, we will keep working until you are satisfied or we will credit or refund the cost of your last service
With this kind of guarantee in place for as long as you maintain your service plan, you can rest assured that Terminix will help you keep these pests at bay. To learn more about how Terminix can help you, visit www.Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
Terminix® pest control | keeping pests at bayTerminix® pest control services allow homeowners to take a proactive approach in protecting their most valuable investment—their home—from pests. Choosing a reliable pest control service is critical to protecting your home from pests—including termites, spiders, cockroaches, ants, rodents and more.
Terminix termite controlTermites cause an estimated $5 billion in property damages and repair costs each year, and your home is 10x more likely to be damaged by termites than fire. Unlike damage from fire, however, homeowners insurance often does not cover the costs of termite damage and repairs, which can cost homeowners an average of $8,184 ^. Terminix begins with a FREE Termite Inspection that determines if your home is free of termites. Your Terminix professional will then recommend one of our Termite Protection Plans or Termite Treatment Plans to best service and protect your home based on your specific needs. For as long as your plan is in place, you are covered by the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business. The Ultimate Protection Guarantee promises that if termites ever do infest your home, Terminix will cover the costs of the treatment and damage repairs.
Pest control for common pestsThere are many other pests that can invade your home, such as ants, cockroaches, spiders and rodents, all of which are a nuisance to you, your family and your home. Elimination and protection from these pests requires expert assistance and Terminix pest control is the solution. Services to address certain pest solutions, such as wildlife removal, wood-destroying ants, fleas, black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders may be offered only in specific areas.
Pest control service for bed bugsTermites can cause significant damage to your home, but other pests can be nuisances as well. Bed bugs, small parasitic insects that feed on blood, can cause reactions such as itchy welts on the skin, and their appearance throughout the United States is on the rise. Other than bite symptoms, bed bug signs include small brown spots on bedding and small blood smears on sheets, as well as tiny, pale cream-color bed bug eggs in the mattress, behind headboards and along baseboards. Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to control and eliminate. Thus, you should work with only recognized, reputable pest control professionals like Terminix, who have specific training and proven methods for dealing with bed bugs. Terminix employs a range of treatments for residential infestations including a fast, 100% non-toxic solution called RapidFreeze®. RapidFreeze uses carbon dioxide (CO2) converted to a dry ice “snow” to freeze insects, including their eggs and nymphs, after contact. Terminix pest control for bed bugs ensures that an infestation is ended as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
The best way to protect your home and family is through proactive pest control, and choosing a pest control company like Terminix with expertise, experience and a reputation for quality pest control service is the first step. Sign up for Terminix pest control today by visiting Terminix.com or by calling 1.866.766.7628.
Terminix® | treatment and prevention for termites
Termites are a threat to your biggest investment—your home. An average of 1 in 30 homes in the United States is infested with termites every year, causing an average of $8,184^ in termite treatment and damage repair costs. This is why it is important to not only treat an infestation quickly but also to take the necessary steps to protect your home from termites in the first place. A termite inspection is the only way to determine if termites are present and what solution is needed. If an infestation is discovered, termite treatment is needed to rid your home of termites. And even if it's not, termite prevention and protection is critical, as it can take up to five years to notice signs of termites.
Terminix | Termite treatment
Once termite damage or termites are discovered, it is important to treat your home as quickly as possible to minimize damage. Whether your home is brick, siding or stucco, termites can infest the wooden framing within your home. The most common type of termite, the subterranean termite, nests in the soil below a structure and travels upward to feed on the wooden portions. Termites can gain access to your home through cracks in the slab as small as 1/32nd of an inch, through your basement or crawl space, or in lumber or foliage near your foundation. Successful termite treatment requires proven methods to eliminate termites in and around your home.
Terminix® offers Termite Treatment Plans that protect you against the cost of future treatments or damage repairs for as long as you keep your plan.
- Terminix Bait Defend SystemSM:Subterranean termites exhibit continuous and random foraging behavior, so even when they have found a good source for food, they constantly look for more. With this subterranean termite treatment, trained technicians strategically install a series of termite bait stations in the ground around your home. When termites feed on the bait, they carry the control agent back to the colony nests and share it with other termites.
- Terminix Liquid Defend System®: The product used in the Liquid Defend System is “non-repellent,” meaning it doesn’t kill the termites immediately. Rather, it works slowly so that the termites that come in contact with the agent can carry it to other termites throughout the rest of the colony. With this termite treatment, a trained technician creates a trench in soil areas and carefully drills through slab areas around your home or inside the foundation in slab homes and basements, and then applies a highly effective liquid agent. The control agent is picked up by termites (on their bodies) as they forage through the treated soil and then transferred to other termites in the colony.
Terminix | Termite protection
Terminix also offers Termite Protection Plans that can help catch a termite infestation early and limit the amount of damage termites may do if your home is ever infested by termites.
- Bait Barrier PlanSM: Trained technicians strategically install a series of termite bait stations in the ground around your home. When foraging termites discover the bait stations, they will feed on the bait and then carry the control agent back to the colony nests and share it with other termites. Annual monitoring continues to inspect your home for new subterranean and Formosan termite activity.
- Subterranean Termite Coverage Plan: This plan provides both an annual termite inspection and an ongoing guarantee protecting against any future costs for treatments or damage repairs caused by subterranean (including Formosan) termites.
Terminix | Ultimate Protection® Guarantee
The Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business, ensures you will never pay for future treatments or damage repairs for as long as your plan is in place. If termites do infest your home, Terminix will return at no additional cost to treat the infestation and will pay to repair any damage caused by the termites.
You can trust Terminix with termite control, including treating an existing infestation of termites and protection against termites. To sign up for a plan or to schedule your FREE Termite Inspection, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628.
Terminix® | bed bugs: treatment and prevention
Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to control and eliminate. They are small, about the size of an apple seed and are reddish brown in color, oval in shape, very flat, and have beak-like mandibles they use to feed on people as they sleep — for as long as 10–20 minutes at a time.
What bed bugs do
Bed bugs not only feed on the blood of people, they also occasionally feed on warm-blooded pets. In fact, a bed bug can take in six times its weight in blood. While bed bugs have not been found to carry any blood-borne diseases, a person’s reaction to bed bug bites can vary from no symptoms at all to itchy, red welts or allergic reactions. The discomfort that comes with bites and the invasion of privacy that comes with bed bugs sharing your living space, is not something people should have to tolerate.
Where bed bugs hide
Bed bugs are so paper-thin that they can crawl into the tiniest cracks and crevices, so finding them is difficult. Look for bed bugs in the following areas:
- Along mattress seams
- Under mattress buttons
- Between the headboard and the wall
- Inside bedside furniture and objects
- On objects stored under the bed
- Behind pictures, mirrors and other objects on the wall
How to avoid bed bugs when traveling
Factors such as increased international travel have likely contributed to the rapid spread of bed bug infestations. Here are some suggestions to keep in mind while traveling domestically or internationally:
- Check the mattress, headboard, frame and pictures for signs of bed bugs
- Keep your luggage on a luggage rack, not on the bed or floor
- Hang clothes instead of storing them in a dresser
- Check travel reviews before visiting a hotel and be careful of those with multiple reports of bed bugs
How to prevent bed bugs at home
Upon arriving at home, keep your suitcase in the garage until you have time to inspect it and your belongings, and launder clothes immediately after removing them from the suitcase. Here are some additional steps to take to minimize your risk of a bed bug infestation:
- Even after inspection, consider storing your suitcase(s) in the garage or basement instead of bedrooms or closets in the event there may be bed bugs or eggs that you miss during your initial inspection
- Storing luggage inside closed, plastic trash bags also helps to limit any spread of bed bugs you may have inadvertently picked up in your travels
- Avoid picking up used furniture and items left on the curb
- Don’t store things under beds
- Consider using fitted bed bug-proof encasements for your mattress and box springs (although encasements do not prevent bed bugs, they make infestations easier to detect)
Terminix bed bugs solutions: your best options
Terminix® bed bugs solutions begin with an extensive inspection of your home. Terminix trained technicians know where to look and what to look for when it comes to finding and getting rid of bed bugs. This inspection will be the basis for a customized bed bug solution tailored to fit your needs.
Terminix offers several bed bug treatments, including RapidFreeze®, which uses carbon dioxide (CO2) in the form of a dry ice “snow” to freeze bed bug adults, nymphs (babies) and eggs. This is an effective, non-toxic option for treatment of your home.
If you suspect you have bed bugs and need bed bug treatment, the trained technicians at Terminix can help. With the Terminix Bed Bug Guarantee, you will have peace of mind that you can sleep easy. If bed bugs are found in an area that has been treated within the next 30 days, Terminix will perform further treatment at no additional cost. And if mattress encasements are purchased with the service, the guarantee will be extended to 90 days.
To schedule a FREE Bed Bug Inspection or to see if RapidFreeze is available in your area, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628.
Terminix reviews demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction
Terminix® has been protecting homes like yours for more than 85 years. And in that time, they’ve done more than just apply termite and pest control. They’ve defined it. Terminix reviews from satisfied customers reflect their commitment to customer service and 100% satisfaction*. Whether you need protection from pests or termites, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by the strongest guarantee in the business and people who care about providing Ultimate Protection® for you, your home and your family.
Customer reviews consistently show Terminix’s commitment to making sure you have the best possible service and customer experience.
“It takes something remarkable to motivate me to write a letter of appreciation to a company whose services I am paying for. And here I am, writing to say THANK YOU for the remarkable support I have received from the members of your Terminix team…The bottom line is that I made a phone call to Terminix believing that I would deal with an impersonal corporation that would do what was minimally necessary to fix the problem. What I got was a complete commitment by a team of caring professionals who worked miracles within my budget and my schedule. It felt less like a national corporation, and more like friends and family coming to my rescue. Your group at Terminix is rare, and I am grateful to have benefited from their caring, competent help. You can buy skills, but you can't buy that sense of sincere caring - that sense of pride in doing a good job. They wanted to do the job right, and they did.” Sylvia S.
“I wanted to compliment our technician, who has so professionally serviced us all these years. His polite and friendly attitude, especially where he is asked to give us extra service is greatly appreciated. He is a credit to your company and a fine example of a diligent employee. As an employer, I am always impressed to see and compliment someone who makes the effort to be the best at what they do. Thank you for the excellent service we have received.” Ed W.
The trained technicians at Terminix have the expertise to keep your home protected from the threat of termites.
“During a follow-up visit to our yearly termite inspection where termites were found and treated, your technician once again reminded us of wood in our crawl space that termites were feeding on that needed removal. I promised to let my husband know when he arrived home as we had forgotten about the problem. When the technician left, he told me he had removed the wood for us. I was shocked when I saw the amount of wood he voluntarily removed from our crawl space, possibly saving us from a reinfestation of termites. You have a valuable employee who cares about his customers and their homes and goes the extra mile.” Kristina and Steve S.
“We had a guy from a competitor out here just a few weeks before our Terminix technician and he found no termites……in fact, he said that because our soil was so rocky, we really didn’t even need to worry about termites at all. He also did not inspect the inside of our home. The other two inspectors found nothing either. Our Terminix technician found termites in three different places and inspected every square inch of our house. We really appreciate his thoroughness and are very thankful we called Terminix now!” Jennifer C.
Terminix is dedicated to making sure your home and family have the best possible protection from pests. Guaranteed.
“After the technician left my home on Monday, July 16, I was thinking about what he had done and I became very impressed and touched. He had worked me into his very busy schedule and came to the job with a caring attitude and a focused approach. He was here for a re-spray because I had noticed a lot of black spiders. He went above and beyond his call of duty and I even saw him spread granules on the grass, which I did not expect him to do on that day. Thank you for being so diligent, dependable and of such high character.” Patricia D.
“Three or four months ago, I moved the refrigerator in our garage and found piles of something – and the piles were moving! I immediately called Terminix, and within 15 or 20 minutes, a technician arrived and informed me that what I had were fire ants. He quickly dispensed of them and proceeded to spray inside and outside the garage. Thanks to him and Terminix, our problem was solved. Because of the fine service, we have referred other people to Terminix.” C.G.
As Terminix reviews show, Terminix helps protect your home and rid them of all sorts of household pests. Terminix provides pest control against everything from ants and spiders to termites and bed bugs. No matter what pests have infested your home, Terminix provides you with professional, courteous and trained technicians and ongoing protection from pests.
Terminix reviews demonstrate that Terminix is dedicated to customer service and backs that up with the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business. To learn more about Terminix and pest and termite control, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628. You can also read more customer reviews at Terminix.com.
Terminix® guaranteed pest and termite control
Termites pose a potentially costly threat to your most valuable investment—your home. How much of a threat? Termites cause an estimated $5 billion in property damages and repair costs annually in the U.S. Other pests such as bed bugs, spiders, cockroaches, ants and more, also pose a threat to the health of your family and your home. Terminix® pest control offers you peace of mind when it comes to keeping your home and family safe and has been protecting homes like yours for more than 85 years. And only Terminix offers the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee. So whether you need protection from pests or termites, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by the strongest guarantee in the business, plus 100% satisfaction or your money back*. With Terminix, the first step toward termite protection is a FREE Termite Inspection, which will help determine which plan is right for your home.
Terminix Termite Treatment Plans
All Termite Treatment Plans will eliminate termites in and around your home. Once they’re gone, Terminix can help you take care of any damages termites may have already caused, and if they ever come back, you don’t have to worry about the treatments or damage repairs for as long as you keep your plan. These plans include:
- Bait Defend Systemsm. Termites exhibit continuous and random foraging behavior, so even when they have found a good source for food, they constantly look for more. Terminix trained technicians strategically install a series of termite bait stations in the ground around your home. When termites feed on the bait, they carry the control agent back to the colony nests and share it with other termites.
- Liquid Defend® System. The product used in the Liquid Defend® System is “non-repellent,” meaning it doesn’t kill the termites immediately. Rather, it works slowly so that the termites that come in contact with the agent transfer it to other termites throughout the rest of the colony. A trained technician creates a trench in soil areas and carefully drills through slab areas around the perimeter of your home, and then applies a highly effective liquid agent. The control is picked up by termites as they forage through the treated soil and then transferred to other termites in the colony.
- Tent Defend Systemsm. Tenting is an in-depth process in which specialized tarps are placed over your home, joined together at rolled seams using heavy-duty clamps, and weighted at the bottom to create a seal. Fumigant is dispersed, penetrating every area of the home, including hard-to-treat areas. Tenting is the most effective method for treating drywood termite infestations.
Terminix Termite Protection Plans
If no termites are found during your inspection, the trained professional will recommend a Termite Protection Plan that will protect your home against the costs of future infestations. For as long as you keep the plan in place, you will never pay a penny for termite treatments or damage repairs. You’ll also receive a professional Terminix termite inspection annually. These plans include:
- Bait Barrier Plan. Trained technicians strategically install a series of termite bait stations in the ground around your home. When foraging termites discover the bait stations, they will feed on the bait and then carry the control agent back to the colony nests and share it with other termites. Annual monitoring continues to inspect your home for new subterranean and Formosan termite activity.
- Subterranean Termite Coverage Plan. This plan provides both an annual termite inspection and an ongoing guarantee protecting against any future costs for treatments or damage repairs caused by subterranean (including Formosan) termites.
- Drywood Termite Coverage Plan. This plan protects you against the costs of damage and repairs from a drywood termite infestation. Drywood termites can infest almost any part of a home because they don’t need a connection to the ground and can feed on wood that’s low in moisture. This plan also provides an annual termite inspection.
- Combined Termite Coverage Plan. This plan offers protection against both subterranean and drywood termites. This plan covers the costs of any future treatment or damage repairs and includes an annual inspection.
Terminix Pest Control Plan
Pests like cockroaches, ants, spiders and rodents can get into even the cleanest of homes. Terminix doesn’t just get pests out of your home, they work to keep them out. The Terminix Pest Control Plan includes:
- An initial evaluation to develop a customized plan.
- An initial service inside your home that gets to the pests you see and the pests you don't.
- An exterior treatment to help prevent new home invasions.
- Regular services to create a perimeter around your home that helps keep pests out.
Whether you are experiencing an infestation of termites, spiders or ants, the trained professionals at Terminix understand pests better than anyone and can offer valuable advice to not only get rid of these pests, but to help keep them out of your home. To learn more about Terminix pest control or termite treatment and other pest control solutions, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
Terminix® pest control | protection against pests
If you’re a homeowner, pest control is an important part of protecting your biggest investment. Pests of any kind are at best a nuisance, and at worst a threat to your home and family. Learning how to keep them from invading your home will give you peace of mind, knowing that your home and family are protected. When it comes to pest control, prevention is the best solution, and Terminix® offers power over 27 of the worst types of pests, with a Pest Control Plan that is backed by the strongest guarantee in the business.
Pests are plentiful and varied
Here are some of the more common pests you might encounter as a homeowner:
- Cockroaches: American cockroaches thrive in warm, damp environments such as sewers, basements, and crawl spaces. In southern states where this cockroach lives outdoors, pest control may include applying protective treatment in the attic, crawl spaces and the exterior cracks of your home. A pest inspection can determine where cockroaches are most likely to get into your home and how you can best deter them from doing so.
- Mice: Mice only need a hole that is 1/4th inch in size to enter your home. Using traps can be an effective control for mice, and contrary to popular belief, cheese is not good bait for mice. Peanut butter and chocolate work well as long as you don't put too much on the trap. You can also seal exterior cracks and holes and put weather strips on doors to deter mice from entering your home.
- Spiders: You can take the following steps to minimize spiders in your home or apartment: Seal all cracks around windows and door frames and around light fixtures, vents, ceiling fans; seal all openings around pipes under the sink and behind appliances; place sticky traps designed for cockroaches inside near doorways (along walls under and behind furniture and appliances); and regularly remove any webs and spiders found while vacuuming.
Get to them before they get to you
The best pest control is prevention. If you are proactive in keeping pests out of your home, you are doing your part to protect the health of your home and family. The trained professionals at Terminix believe that the most effective way to control pests is to prevent them from crawling inside in the first place. With Terminix pest control, a trained professional will provide a three-step program:
- Your trained technician will look for the sources of pest infestations and then apply pest control materials where they will be most effective. The appropriate control methods will be selected for the situation at hand.
- Because the exterior of your home is where most new infestations originate, likely pest havens next to or near your home are inspected for pest activity and treated accordingly.
- Finally, your trained technician will provide you with recommendations on how to reduce pests around your home. If there are fewer pests around your home, fewer pests will get in your home, and this is the best possible pest control solution.
When it’s time to call a pest control company, make sure it’s one with experience, professionalism, and guaranteed results. Terminix understands pests, and more importantly pest control.
Whether you already have pests, or you want to prevent pests from entering your home, the experts at Terminix can help, with a FREE Pest Evaluation, a customized pest control plan and the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business. To learn more about how Terminix can help you, or to get your FREE Pest Evaluation, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
on Tuesday, June 24, 2014 by TerminixAs a homeowner, you have a variety of things to consider when it comes to the ultimate protection of your home and your investment. The overall quality and condition of your home is the sum of the condition of its individual parts, from the exterior walls and foundation that holds everything together to the interior floors and ceilings. Often your home is at risk and your investment is at stake, and the damage is already done by the time you even notice the signs. Read more
on Friday, June 20, 2014 by TerminixNo doubt you're familiar with the name Terminix®. You might even know that it’s the leading provider of termite and pest control in the U.S., serving customers in 45 states. What you probably don't know, however, is the history of Terminix, the pioneering spirit that started it all and the vision that propels it into the future. Read more
on Saturday, July 13, 2013 by TerminixIf you’re trying to learn more about how to eliminate pests from your home and the steps you can take to deter them from returning, a great place to start is www.Terminix.com. For more than 85 years, Terminix® has helped homeowners just like you protect their biggest investment—their home—from all sorts of potential invaders. Terminix trained technicians do more than just apply termite and pest control—they define it. And they are ready to put their knowledge and expertise to work on your behalf. Read more
on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 by TerminixTerminix® pest control services allow homeowners to take a proactive approach in protecting their most valuable investment—their home—from pests. Choosing a reliable pest control service is critical to protecting your home from pests—including termites, spiders, cockroaches, ants, rodents and more. Read more
on Sunday, May 19, 2013 by TerminixTermites are a threat to your biggest investment—your home. An average of 1 in 30 homes in the United States is infested with termites every year, causing an average of $8,184^ in termite treatment and damage repair costs. This is why it is important to not only treat an infestation quickly but also to take the necessary steps to protect your home from termites in the first place. A termite inspection is the only way to determine if termites are present and what solution is needed. Read more
AN IRONCLAD GUARANTEE TO RID YOUR HOME OF TERMITES AND PESTS.
The Terminix Ultimate Protection® Guarantee is the strongest in the business. We’re committed to defending your home against pests and termites. Because it’s your house, not theirs. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back.