What is the best roach control product?
on Friday, July 05, 2013 by
If you find cockroaches in your home, your initial reaction will most likely be to find the best roach control product to eliminate these pests as soon possible, even if that means doing it yourself. That’s easier said than done, however, because cockroaches are adaptable and very persistent. Finding an effective, long-term do-it-yourself solution can be a challenge.
Roaches may be motivated to get inside your home in their quest to find food and once they’re in, they can multiply quickly. German roaches in particular are prolific breeders, producing 40 or more eggs per egg case—more than two times the number of other species every six weeks or so. So, if you start with 10 cockroaches, within 6 weeks you could easily have 400 more. And, in another six weeks you could have 16,000 cockroaches. And when it comes to curbing the population growth of a cockroach infestation, baits can be effective. Cockroaches may consume the bait and then leave active residues in their droppings and secretions that other cockroaches consume. Other methods to control cockroaches include:
- Cockroach spray: The best roach spray application is designed for use under appliances, in the backs of cabinets and in cracks and crevices. You’ll need to remove dishes, cookware and food before spraying and keep kids and pets away from treated areas.
- Boric acid: Boric acid is a dust that can be applied to cracks and crevices, under appliances and in the backs of cabinets. This kind of dust can provide some control but can be a little difficult to use and must be applied correctly in a thin film.
- Prevention: Here are a few simple measures you can take to keep cockroaches at bay:
- Keep pet food closed, and counters clear of crumbs
- Tie up your trash or take it out each night
- Cockroaches need as little as 1/16th of an inch to enter your home, so seal cracks and holes in the exterior walls, doors and windows
- Fix leaks immediately to deprive them of a water source and never leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight
- Eliminate piles of debris from around the exterior of the home, avoid using heavy ground cover near your home and keep firewood and mulch from touching the foundation
These preventive measures can help, but for a long-term solution to your cockroach problem, call in a professional pest control company.
Terminix® offers roach solutions
Terminix® trained technicians can identify which type of cockroach has invaded your home and then recommend a long-term solution. The Terminix Pest Control Plan includes:
- We start with an evaluation to develop a customized plan.
- An initial service inside the home gets to the pests you see and the pests you don’t.
- The exterior of your home is treated to help prevent new home invasions.
- Regular services create a perimeter around your home that helps keep pests out.
And only Terminix backs their work with the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, the strongest guarantee in the business, which promises they will work until you’re 100% satisfied*.
To find out more about proactively managing cockroaches in your home or to find out more about the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, call 1.866.766.7628 or visit Terminix.com.
The Ultimate Protection® Guarantee
Only Terminix offers Ultimate Protection®. So whether you need protection from pests or termites, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by the strongest guarantee in the business, plus 100% satisfaction or your money back*.