Roach control | is roach bait effective?
on Thursday, July 04, 2013 by Terminix
Roach bait is a slow-acting roach killer mixed with a food often housed within a plastic container. Cockroaches enter the bait station, consume the bait. The cockroaches who have eaten the bait then leave active residues in their droppings and secretions that other cockroaches consume.
The pros and cons of using roach bait
Baits have become one of the most popular and widely used approaches for controlling cockroaches in the last two decades, highlighting the move from residual sprays to gels and bait. However, there are both pros and cons to using this form of roach control.
- Baits are applied in spots in infested areas rather than applying treatment to exposed surfaces
- The use of cockroach bait does not require the covering of dishware, or removal of food and utensils from the kitchen
- Poor placement of roach bait may result in little impact on roach populations
- Substantial reduction of cockroaches may take one to three weeks
- Cockroach baits are not attractive to certain roaches or female roaches carrying egg capsules
- Roach bait is not cost-effective for heavy infestations
The best ways to use roach bait for maximum roach control
Cockroach bait is most effective when placed where roaches will encounter it, but homeowners often do not have the knowledge and expertise that professionals have when it comes to placing these baits strategically and safely.
The trained technicians at Terminix® know which cockroach species are vulnerable to cockroach bait, and they know where to place roach bait to achieve the best results. Their Pest Control Plan is backed by the Ultimate Protection® Guarantee, which provides:
- A custom plan to help get pests out and keep them out
- Solutions within 24 hours
- Work continued until you’re satisfied
- 100% satisfaction or your money back*
To get your FREE Pest Evaluation, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
The Ultimate Protection® Guarantee
Only Terminix offers Ultimate Protection®. So whether you need protection from pests or termites, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by the strongest guarantee in the business, plus 100% satisfaction or your money back*.