The benefits of home pest control
on Friday, May 30, 2014 by Terminix
When it comes to protecting your home, there are few defenses more important than pest control. Some pests are simply annoying, others a health risk and some pose a real threat to your home and family. No matter what type of pests you’re battling or which threats are directed at your home and family, it’s essential to understand the potential risks and the best methods for ultimate protection.
- Pests can be more than slightly annoying. Biting pests like fleas, ticks, chigger mites and bedbugs are not only a nuisance, but also their bites can cause problems such as red marks on the body that itch for extended periods of time. If someone in your family appears to have bites of any kind, it’s important to identify what type of pest you are dealing with in order to take appropriate action.
- Placing monitoring traps in the area where bites occur is one way to identify what type of pest you are dealing with. If a biting insect is captured, your pest control professional can then help you determine the best pest control solutions.
- Pests can infest your food supply. Ants and cockroaches can contaminate food, as can flour beetles and other stored-product pests like saw-toothed grain beetles. If you have a dog, you could be bringing pests into your home by way of dog food, dog biscuits, etc. The beetle population in these infested products then increases and moves outside the bag where you see them. Again, determining which pest you are dealing with is the first step to properly controlling them.
- Store all foods including pet foods in plastic or glass containers with tight-fitting lids. This way, if you bring home any infested product, the infestation will be contained making it easier to determine the origin.
- A variety of conditions contribute to pest infestations. Correcting the conditions in and around your home is an important step to proper home pest control. For example, your firewood pile may need to be moved away from the house; there may be cracks around the windows and doors that need to be sealed; you might not be aware that the screen on your foundation vent is missing or damaged.
- An inspection of your home and property is a great way to identify the conditions that may be attracting pests to your home.
Fighting pests can be a full time job to any homeowner. Fortunately, pest control companies like Terminix® are equipped to identify and deal with specific types of infestations and provide the best possible solution for your home. Because many homeowners don’t have the knowledge and expertise to properly identify the various types of pest infestations, they are at risk for undertreatment or overtreatment and exposing their family and pets to pesticides and other toxins without realizing the hazards. On the other hand, when you trust the professionals trained in pest control, you gain the peace of mind that comes with knowing your family has ultimate protection.
No matter what kind of pests currently or potentially pose a threat to your home and family, the trained professionals at Terminix can help. The experts not only have more than 85 years of experience dealing with pests, they also back up their work with the Terminix Ultimate protection® Guarantee. With Terminix, the job is done right the first time or they’ll come back at no extra cost until you’re satisfied. For more information, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628.
AN IRONCLAD GUARANTEE TO RID YOUR HOME OF TERMITES AND PESTS.
The Terminix Ultimate Protection® Guarantee is the strongest in the business. We’re committed to defending your home against pests and termites. Because it’s your house, not theirs. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back.