Best method for bed bug removal
on Sunday, June 02, 2013 by Terminix
Bed bug removal is best left to professionals. Home remedies for bed bugs are rarely effective because bed bugs are so adept at concealing themselves out of reach of conventional over-the-counter products. Most do-it-yourself products do not target bed bugs specifically, and improper application of pest control products by consumers often results in more damage rather than a successful resolution.
No matter how you are going to get rid of bed bugs, the first step is to identify and verify that you do indeed have a bed bug infestation.
How do you know if you have bed bugs?
Bed bugs are seldom seen during the day. Given their small size—adult bed bugs are about the size of apple seeds—they can easily hide in or near the bed, snug in crevices, cracks or under mattress buttons or mattress seams. However, they leave telltale signs of their presence in other ways:
- Small blood smears on sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and other linens.
- Bed bugs leave fecal material behind in the form of brownish stains.
- Bed bugs grow by shedding their exoskeleton in a process called molting. Look for their shed “skins” along mattress seams in association with the fecal material.
- A sizeable population of bed bugs produces a distinctly sweet, musty odor.
- Mysterious bites may or may not indicate bed bugs because “bites” can have many different causes. Also, many victims of bed bugs exhibit no symptoms. Check with your spouse, partner or children to see if they complain about bites, but look for the other indicators listed here as more substantial evidence of bed bugs.
Why is Terminix® the best solution?
Terminix® trained technicians are experienced in bed bug removal. They know how to remove bed bugs with minimal disruption to your home life. These pest experts offer a variety of treatment solutions, including the carbon dioxide-based RapidFreeze® solution—which is 100% non-toxic.
The first step is to have one of the professionals at Terminix perform an extensive inspection of your home. If evidence of an infestation is found, Terminix works with you to remove visible bed bugs and treat the areas to eliminate any hidden bed bugs and their eggs. And your plan also includes the Terminix Bed Bug Guarantee. With that guarantee, you can sleep tight knowing that if any bed bugs turn up within 30 days after treatment, Terminix will treat again at no cost to you. Purchasing mattress encasements with the initial treatment extends the guarantee to 90 days.
To schedule your FREE Bed Bug Inspection, visit Terminix.com or call 1.866.766.7628 today.
The Ultimate Protection® Guarantee
Only Terminix offers Ultimate Protection®. So whether you need protection from pests or termites, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered by the strongest guarantee in the business, plus 100% satisfaction or your money back*.